Pages

Monday 22 September 2014

Reflection of Summer Work - Feedback


To begin the new term, we got into groups and discussed how we thought the summer project went for us and showed the rest of the group some of our work - the good, the bad and the downright ugly. 




These were the favourite pieces from the discussions due to their diverse nature - figurative and abstract.

My peers liked the abstract, textural drawings and the colour combinations which I used throughout my drawings the most. They also agreed that my underpinning concept was strong which helped me to develop my artwork further through the summer. They gave me some further ideas however, such as layering texture over my own images to create abstract drawings which depict the idea of disguise and cover-up through other means. This could be done using tracing paper or printing onto acetate, for example. 




Some of the artists that were suggested to me to look at were; Maurizio Anzeri (above) who uses the human face and geometric shapes to create abstract qualities and Lucien Day and Angie Lewin who both use simple prints with linear features within their work.

The group all said that my drawings could be used effectively through embroidery as some were graphic rather than abstract, which could be mixed to create some interesting forms including backgrounds and foregrounds.It was also suggested I consider working in 2D and 3D methods to vary my outcomes.

No comments:

Post a Comment