Pages

Friday 6 December 2013

Reflection of the Origins Unit - Group Discussion

From the group discussion following the Origins Unit I have discovered that the people that got the better marks for their work put in more time than those that got lower marks. Also, the majority of the people I spoke to enjoyed their first textile world as this was their first choice, although others found it hard to get started due to lack of enthusiasm for the subject.

The next textile world I will be going into is Mixed Media which, I have found out, involves quite a lot of construction and 3D work. I'm slightly apprehensive about starting this world due to not having much experience working in 3D. I think I might also struggle with coming up with fresh ideas and I might need a lot of inspiration to start ideas flowing. However, people have said that they experienced lots of different workshops and they can now use lots of different pieces of equipment including Laser Cutters, Risograph Printer and Book Binders. They have also said that they were allowed to be totally free with their project and there were no restrictions to what they could do for samples.

From speaking to different people that have experienced Mixed Media, I have learnt that I will need to carry out thorough research before the project begins in order to drive my ideas forward. I will also need to keep up with the work to ensure I don't fall behind as people have said that if you miss a session it takes a while to catch yourself back up with the rest of the group.

No comments:

Post a Comment