Pages

Thursday 22 January 2015

Design Development

From my initial visual research, I have developed designs to be stitched out on the Multi-head machine with a view to abstracting some of the drawings in the process to appeal to people interested in interior markets as I feel my concept of 'Anatomy', if done literally, would not be suitable in this case.

Annemieke Mein also uses birds and insects within her embroidery, with a more muted palette than Timorous Beasties do. Her work appears slightly outdated and old-fashioned in my opinion if it was to be used within an interior space, whereas Timorous Beasties concentrate more on their colour use rather than specific details which I believe make them a greater influence for my work. 

Timorous Beasties use graphic imagery of animals and insects within interior design ideas which I find unusual but memorable compared with other designs that I've seen before. They understand that floral patterns are relatively popular within the interior markets, but they add their own stamp to it by including birds and insects with bright and unusual colours to their prints. This could influence my work because of the colours I could take from their designs as well as the idea of 'anatomy' being adaptable to interior spaces. 




I have used the colour picker tool in Photoshop to define 4 different colour palettes from Timorous Beasties' work for use in my own designs using the brushes I created. I have tried to be abstract and keep the interior market in mind when doing the digital designs by putting the brush stamps into half-drop repeat. I have created brushes using parts of my drawings that are relatively abstract, such as the arteries of the heart, eye and hand nerves and parts of the ribcage.





No comments:

Post a Comment