Pages

Thursday 29 January 2015

Leather Work and Scale

After my tutorial this week, I want to concentrate on using metallic threads on leather (front and reverse/suede) to further abstract my designs and to try out other aesthetics.



Some of the most successful samples - repeat patterns abstracted from my original drawings.



The samples that I think work better are the ones that are less literal and abstracted. The different thicknesses of leather create different outcomes when used on the multi-head machine. They have all been stitched on a relatively small scale due to the materials I sourced, however, by upscaling my designs for the multi-head and laser cutter, it will allow me to work on a larger scale and get across the context of my work more thoroughly.

For my self-initiated brief, I intend to digitally print some of my Photoshop repeat work for an interior context, then use the multi-head and laser cutter to work back into them, creating abstract compositions. 

No comments:

Post a Comment