Pages

Tuesday 6 October 2015

Design Development

This week I have concentrated on knuckling down with Photoshop and I feel to have developed as a designer on the software, which is very pleasing. Initially, I was slightly bewildered as to how I could manipulate the images of my drawings into suitable designs for a 'bespoke banner' style wallpaper - as discussed in a previous tutorial.
After playing with the image size and scale of the designs, I encountered a few problems when attempting to print from the wide format printers as I was unsure of the sizing restrictions on them.

I want to push my abilities this year and I am really proud of the outcome; the scale, colours and concept. However, moving forward, I will sample on a smaller scale as it would be too expensive to print at such a large scale all the way through the project.



I plan to sample onto digitally-printed fabric to get an idea for the multi-head embroidery designs that are suitable. I would need to consider appropriate fabrics because the paper would not be suitable for the digital embroidery machine.

At my weekly tutorial, I felt like other people in my group had produced more work during the last week than I had, which made me feel a little awkward when trying to justify myself to my tutor. The last week had been challenging, in that the Photoshop edits took longer than expected to create and the wide format printer also was a new piece of equipment for me. Next week, I will endeavour to work quicker and not be afraid to try new things: I think I worry too much about samples being 'perfect' first time.

No comments:

Post a Comment