Pages

Monday 26 October 2015

2-Tutor Crit and Development

Preparing for the 2-tutor critique was a little daunting. I prepared two boards for the Bradford Textiles brief which were different in style (see below). I felt quite limited with scale throughout these initial four weeks, as I was focussed on producing a sample board for submission. My tutors agreed that I need to think more carefully about the scale of my sampling and 'go for it' for the next project. I'm excited to try something that I haven't done in the past and see what the results will look like.

  

From the crit, I plan to continue with this project for my self-initiated brief, but focus more on the scale of my samples by using print screen techniques onto large scale fabrics. I feel this would enable me to widen my creative knowledge and would also demonstrate a more 'bespoke' feel - the original idea behind the large scale sampling. To reflect the scale I want to achieve, I have created some A2 drawings using collaging techniques which can then be translated into screens. I will leave the idea of a large scale banner to a live brief, and concentrate on fabric samples for an interior context.



The two collages above were the most successful as I feel they depict my concept the best. I also think the placement of the detailed pen drawing is better considered than some of my other drawings.

No comments:

Post a Comment