Pages

Saturday 7 November 2015

Colour


Debenhams Autumn/Winter 2015
After the latest crit, I tried to develop another colour palette by photographing fruits which have a purple skin, such as figs and passion fruits as this colour is prominent within current interior fabrics in retailers such as Debenhams and John Lewis. I also agreed with my tutor when discussing that some of my recent samples looked a little 'washed out' on a white background.

 
Fig Colour Palette
Passion Fruit Colour Palette
After experimenting with these colour palettes within my samples this week, my favourite is the fig as it incorporates purple alongside an 'accent' colour which in this case is a medium yellow tone. I plan to carry on with sampling for my self-initiated project to be directed towards an interiors context. I would like to mix screen print and digital embroidery for my next samples and play with material and colour compositions.

No comments:

Post a Comment