Pages

Friday 15 January 2016

Planning

Over the Christmas period, I developed graphic A2 screens to be printed on returning to the studio, which are more appropriate for the context of my work. Previous samples looked thrown together, so I’ve planned 6 final samples. I will screen print onto upholstery fabrics first, followed by flock, foil and digital embroidery using burmilana threads, being more selective about the colour choices and compositions on the fabrics. I’ll produce large scale embroidery designs to work with the A2 prints as previous designs were lost amongst the overpowering smaller print.



For the Michael Kidner brief, I have rekindled the idea of banners from the beginning of my self-initiated project. I’m wanting to work at large scale to produce bespoke banners which would be powerful within a gallery environment. My Photoshop work over Christmas has been concentrated on Michael’s use of colour combined with op art, then developed into large scale designs to be pitched to the Kidner family. I will produce some fabric samples too, so the Kidner have something physical to look at.




1 comment: