Pages

Monday 20 January 2014

Doodling as Distraction Lecture - Kate Egan 20th January 2014

Before Kate started the lecture about getting unstuck, she explained to the group that she wanted to try something out. This involved the group either cutting, folding, doodling or stitching onto a piece of paper throughout the lecture. She wanted to test a theory which outlined that more information was taken in by students when they were physically doing something whilst the lecture was being delivered.
I personally found that I could listen to the information that Kate was giving me whilst doodling, but I could not remember all of the information afterwards thoroughly. I found that I had to write essential information down on a seperate piece of paper, but other bits of information such as examples of artists' work I could glance at and draw images that related to them slightly in order to try to remember a bit about what Kate was saying.
I would say that the theory works differently for different people as I am sure that some other people found the task useful when taking in the information and found it easier to process what Kate was saying. 

No comments:

Post a Comment