Pages

Friday 14 February 2014

Painting Manipulation - 14th February 2014

The first part of the drawing day task was to create paper structures that related to your textile world work. 

The second task was to draw them using different media. I decided to shine a lap through my paper structures in order to capture the shadows from them. I then shaded in the negative space in order to create an abstract outline from the shape.

I used charcoal to shade between the concertina shapes in order to outline the shadow. I like the abstract effect it gave and the movement of the charcoal stick made scratchy lines on the page and got close into the creases of the paper.

My second shape was simply cut shapes into a piece of paper. I then projected a lamp through the holes and shaded the shadows created. They created a chevron shape which I then smudged (see below) in order to create the illusion of light projection.

I like the way that the lines look like they're moving when they are flat on the page. I also think the drawing looks 3D with the smudges which relates well to my textile world.

No comments:

Post a Comment