Pages

Tuesday 18 March 2014

VV Rouleaux

VV Rouleaux was established in 1990 in London. The business manufactures ribbons, trimmings, edging and beads and sells them to the public along with large design houses such as Paul Smith, Karen Millen, Marc Jacobs and Julien Macdonald who use them in their garments. 

When Annabelle from the company came to speak to us she brought some samples of what she has made. 

My favourite samples were the ones that had fringing on the edges of the woven strips. The fringing was made from horse tails on some of the samples which was an unusual texture. 



 I would like to attempt the looping on the top of this strip of weave when it comes to creating my own samples. 

I also found that a few of the samples were brightly coloured which linked to one of  the colour palettes that I have created for my own samples. I intend to weave using a bright colour palette with muted tones down one side to symbolise the 'dark side' of fairgrounds then use embroidery techniques and beading to start creating accessories such as collars, for example. 





No comments:

Post a Comment