Pages

Saturday 7 February 2015

Self-Initiated Context - Interiors

In an archive visit to view sample books, some of Andrew Martin's work was shown. He uses animal figures within some of his wallpaper designs; they are figurative rather than abstract. I prefer to work in a more abstract way than he does, although his work is still interesting to look at. The colours are fairly neutral, a complete contract to Timorous Beasties who I have used for my colour inspiration.


Laura Ashley creates designs for interiors including soft furnishings. The majority of her work takes a floral stance, with pastel and neutral colours playing a main part in her work. Again, her designs are repeats which enable them to be produced several times and create a larger scale piece of fabric. I feel her designs are typical of interior designs.


I have produced my Photoshop designs to be 32cm x 32cm to fit with industry standards as well as putting my designs into half-drop repeat because it is most commonly used within the interior industry. I will consider a floral taste within my final designs to be in-keeping with current trends within interiors.




Above are a couple of examples of how my designs could be used within an interior space. I think the designs are more effective as a feature wall or one piece of furniture rather than an all-over surface as they could become too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment